- Existence: 1936-
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of records relating to the Washington, D.C. restaurant Ben's Chili Bowl dating from 1943-2023.
Collection includes materials on the history of the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The collection documents the history of DC communities, focusing on community structure, organizations, politics, events, transportation and difficulties, such as crime and includes paper articles, brochures, pamphlets and letters.
This collection contains oral histories (both audio and video recordings) of people associated with the Marion Barry campaign for mayor in 1978. The colletion also contains a small amount of paper records and artifacts related to the campaign and District government. These oral histories were conducted between 2015 and 2017. The collection as a whole dates from 1975 - 2017.
This series contains manuscripts, correspondence, a bond, reports, papers. Most of these items relate to some aspect of the history of Washington, D.C.
- Collection 3
- Archival Object 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 2
- African Americans 1
- Business 1
- City council members -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Community development 1
- Elections -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Mayors--United States 1
- Oral history 1
- Oral history -- Washington(D.C.) 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Politics and government 1
- Shaw (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) Politics and government 1
- Washington Convention Center -- (Washington, D.C. : Ninth Street) 1 + ∧ less