Presidential Office commencement planning files, 1968-1987, bulk: 1971 - 1987
Scope and Contents
This series contains programs, invitations, correspondence, speeches and addresses, memoranda, notes, personal files, seating charts and schedules, newspaper and magazine articles, and photographs. The materials date from 1968 to 1987. These are the commencement, baccalaureate, convocation, inaugeration, and other special event files of Mount Vernon College which were maintained in the Presidential Office of the College. This series includes personal files of Mount Vernon College Presidents, Peter D. Pelham, Victoria Schuck, and M. Jane Evans, relating to commencement and other event planning. Includes correspondence from such notable people as, President Richard Nixon, President Gerald R. Ford, Marjorie Day, Barbara Walters, and many notable senators, representatives, college presidents, scholars, faculty, and alumnae. Much of this correspondence is related to selecting a speaker for commencement ceremonies or the awarding of honorary degrees.
- Majority of material found within 1971 - 1987
- Pelham, Peter (Contributor, Person)
- Mount Vernon College (Creator, Organization)
- Evans, Marilyn Jane Coutant (Contributor, Person)
- Schuck, Victoria (Contributor, Person)
- Lloyd, George (Correspondent, Person)
- Ford, Gerald R. (1913-2006) (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
2.5 Linear Feet (Mount Vernon Seminary Presidential Office Commencement Planning Files)
Language of Materials
Arranged chronologically. Files labeled with quotation marks maintain original title of file, as given by the President's Office.
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Planning Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's colleges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings