Group/Assemblies, Ca. 1906-1958
Scope and Contents
Series contains photographs whose origin within the collection is indeterminate. A number of images are from a catalog put out by the NEA. Folders whose only title is a number are part of this catalog, and each numbered folder contains only one photo. The large majority of these catalog photographs are of teachers and other educators, schoolchildren and schools. Other subjects include exterior and interior images of the NEA's national headquarters.
In order to make searching easier, Library of Congress subject headings are attached to files containing photos of significant individuals or events. Users are can find photos by using these subject headings. When representatives of state and local affiliates are in a picture, a subject heading for the affiliate rather than the individual is added.
Formats include photographs, negatives, contact sheets, slides and converted slides.
- Ca. 1906-1958
- From the Fonds: National Education Association of the United States (Organization)
Collections Governing Access note
This collection is open for research. The collection contains some restricted material. The archivist will review the boxes and remove any restricted material before giving a researcher access.
From the Series: 42.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Fonds: English
- Alabama Education Association
- Birney, Alice McLellan, 1859-1907
- California Teachers Association
- Connecticut Education Association
- Fox, Mildred G.
- Hearst, Phoebe Apperson, 1842-1919
- Hubbard, Frank W.
- Massachusetts Teachers Association (1953- )
- Missouri National Education Association an affiliate of the National Education Association
- National PTA (U.S.). National Parent Teacher Association
- Ohio Education Association
- Pennsylvania State Education Association
- South Dakota Education Association
- Stout, Ruth Albertine
- Texas State Teachers Association