Publication Photos, 1965-1966
Scope and Contents
Series contains photos used for the NEA Reporter, a publication that provided news of professional and NEA developments in a newspaper format. Some of the pictures were also used in other publications, including some non-NEA publications.
The photos cover a diverse range of topics, reflecting the needs of the publication. Select topics include award winners, awards and ceremonial events, conventions and summits, NEA executives and staff, notable individuals including celebrities and politicians, schools, both interior and exterior, schoolchildren and teachers.
In order to make ease searching, Library of Congress subject headings are attached to files containing photos of significant individuals or events. Users are can find photos by using these subject headings. When representatives of state and local affiliates are in a picture, a subject heading for the affiliate rather than the individual is added.
Formats included are photographs, negatives, slides and contact prints, as well as paper records, mostly contextual information for the photographs.
- From the Fonds: National Education Association of the United States (Organization)
Collections Governing Access note
This collection is open for research. The collection contains some restricted material. The archivist will review the boxes and remove any restricted material before giving a researcher access.
From the Series: 9 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Fonds: English
- Georgia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Georgia Education Association
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines)
- Kaye, Danny
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003
- National Education Association of the United States. Dept. of Elementary School Principals
- Portland (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United Nations
- Utah Education Association