Publication Photos [1/2], 1965-1975
Scope and Contents
Series contains photos used for the NEA Reporter, a publication that provided news of professional and NEA developments in a newspaper format. Some of the pictures were also used in other publications, including some non-NEA publications.
The photos cover a diverse range of topics, reflecting the needs of the publication. Select topics include award winners, awards and ceremonial events, conventions and summits, NEA executives and staff, notable individuals including celebrities and politicians, schools, both interior and exterior, schoolchildren and teachers.
In order to make ease searching, Library of Congress subject headings are attached to files containing photos of significant individuals or events. Users are can find photos by using these subject headings. When representatives of state and local affiliates are in a picture, a subject heading for the affiliate rather than the individual is added.
Formats included are photographs, negatives, slides and contact prints, as well as paper records, mostly contextual information for the photographs.
- From the Fonds: National Education Association of the United States (Organization)
Collections Governing Access note
This collection is open for research. The collection contains some restricted material. The archivist will review the boxes and remove any restricted material before giving a researcher access.
From the Series: 9 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Fonds: English
- American Arbitration Association
- Australian Teachers Federation
- Batchelder, Richard D.
- Education, Higher -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ethridge, Samuel B.
- Iowa State University. Dept. of Economics
- Jefferson County Teachers Association
- Johnson County (Ky.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Education Association of the United States. Dept. of Classroom Teachers
- National Education Association of the United States. Dept. of Elementary School Principals
- Nevada State Education Association
- New Jersey Education Association
- New York State Teachers Association
- Picketing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Russia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Schulz, Charles M. (Charles Monroe), 1922-2000
- University of Denver. College of Law
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America