Executive Officers - NEA & ATA, 1891-1973
Scope and Contents
Series contains photos of NEA staff and executives and members of state and local affiliates of the NEA as well as politicians and other notable figures in meetings with NEA officials.
In order to make ease searching, Library of Congress subject headings are attached to files containing photos of significant individuals or events. Users are can find photos by using these subject headings. When representatives of state and local affiliates are in a picture, a subject heading for the affiliate rather than the individual is added.
Formats include photographs, negatives, contact sheets and slides.
- From the Fonds: National Education Association of the United States (Organization)
Collections Governing Access note
This collection is open for research. The collection contains some restricted material. The archivist will review the boxes and remove any restricted material before giving a researcher access.
From the Series: 8.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Fonds: English
- Adair, Cornelia Storrs
- Alonso, Braulio
- Beardshear, William Miller
- Butler, Nicholas Murray
- Calkins, Norman A. (Norman Allison), 1822-1895
- Cook, John W. (John Williston)
- Cooley, Edwin Gilbert
- Corliss, Josephine Corliss
- Dougherty, Newton Charles
- Fairchild, E. T.
- Garrett, William
- Greenwood, James Michaelborough, 1837-1914
- Harris, James A.
- Harvey, Lorenzo Dow
- Hunter, Frederick Maurice, 1879-1964
- Jones, Olive M. (Olive Mary)
- Joyner, James Yadkin
- Kline, Clarice
- Koontz, Elizabeth D. (Elizabeth Duncan)
- Lyte, Eliphalet Oram
- Maxwell, William Henry
- Mowrey, Corma A.
- Owen, William Bishop, 1866-1928
- Pearse, Carroll G.
- Pyrtle, E. Ruth
- Schlagle, Frank L.
- Sheldon, William E.
- Shull, Martha A.
- Skinner, Charles Rufus
- Soldan, Frank Louis
- Williams, Charl O.
- Wise, Helen D. (Helen Dickerson), 1928-
- Young, Ella Flagg