NEA Convention- 1950s (Except 1957 Centennial) , Ca. 1950
Scope and Contents
Series contains still images taken during various National Education Association conventions and conferences. Subjects include convention attendees, speakers, executive members and honored guests. Guest speakers include politicians and celebrities. In addition, there are paper records in some files related to the photographs.
In order to make ease searching, Library of Congress subject headings are attached to files containing photos of significant individuals or events. Users are can find photos by using these subject headings. When representatives of state and local affiliates are in a picture, a subject heading for the affiliate rather than the individual is added.
Formats included are photographs, negatives, slides and contact sheets.
- Creation: Ca. 1950
- From the Fonds: National Education Association of the United States (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This series is open for research. It contains restricted material that must be reviewed by the archivist first.
From the Series: 36.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Series: English
- Miller, John Cloyd (Person)
- Mowrey, Corma A. (Person)
- Holt, Andrew D. (Andrew David), 1904- (Person)
- Caldwell, Sarah Campbell (Person)
- Givens, Willard E. (Person)
- Picott, J. Rupert (Person)
- Bouey-Yates, Elizabeth (Person)
- Carr, William G. (Person)
- Ginger, Lyman Vernon (Person)
- Brooks, Jos. T. (Person)
- Ashby, Lyle Walter (Person)
- Grigsby, Paul A. (Person)
- Culpepper, J. Broward, 1907- (Person)
- Womale, Thomas (Person)
- Atwood, Rufus B., 1897- (Person)