To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Alumni Class materials
Collection Scope and Content
A collection of scrapbooks, papers, diplomas, newspapers, textiles, and memorabilia from various sources associated with alumni of the University. They range in date from 1823 to 1998.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
23.5 Linear Feet
Collection includes scrapbooks, papers, diplomas, newspapers, textiles, and memorabilia from various sources associated with alumni of the University.
Organized in eight series: Images and visual works; Textiles and apparel; Scrapbooks; Personal papers; Diplomas, certificates, awards; Cherry Tree yearbooks; Newspapers, magazines, newsletters; Professional tools.
Materials acquired through gifts from alumni and alumnae.
- Balfour, Donald C. (Donald Church)
- Choral singing
- Columbian College in the District of Columbia
- Columbian University
- Eliot, Thomas D. (Thomas Dawes)
- George Washington University
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae
- George Washington University--History
- George Washington University. Law School
- Greek letter societies
- Marvin, Cloyd Heck
- Needham, Charles Willis
- Nordlinger, George
- Strong, Hattie M.
- Washington (D.C.)
- Wheeler, Woodbury
- World War, 1939-1945
- Guide to the Alumni Class materials, 1823-1998
- Partially Processed
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English