Skip to main content
To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.

Foggy Bottom Restoration Association records

 Collection
Identifier: MS2159

Collection Scope and Content

This collection contains correspondence, agendas, a questionnaire, a report, and newspaper articles. These materials date from 1954-85 with the bulk dates being 1954-56. These materials tell the history of the Foggy Bottom Restoration Association.

Dates

  • 1954-1985

Creator

Restrictions on Access

Some records may be restricted.

Restrictions on Use

Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.

Historical or Biographical Note

The Foggy Bottom Restoration Association had as its mission to promote the restoration and rehabililtation of Foggy Bottom and to further the civic, cultural, social, and economic welfare of the community. The original constitution set the minimum boundaries as 24th Street, 27th Street, K Street, and Virginia Avenue. The first election for executive committee members was June 1955. The original founding members included Carolyn Casper, Jean Robitscher, Paul Flint, Alice Flint, Rose McKee, Elizabeth Wharton, Margaret Franzen, Mr. and Mrs. Dutch, and Peter Glickert.

Extent

0.25 Linear Feet

Language

English

Abstract

Collection contains correspondence, agendas, a questionnaire, a report, and newspaper articles from 1954-1985 documenting the history of the Foggy Bottom Restoration Association.

Acquisition Information

This material was donated to Gelman Library by Margaret Franzen in 1985.
Title
Guide to the Foggy Bottom Restoration Association records, 1954-1985
Status
Completed
Author
Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
Date
2006
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository

Contact:
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America