Holly Bass Poetry Ephemera collection
Collection Scope and Content
This collection contains fliers and postcards related to Holly Bass' work as a poet and performer within Washington, D.C. The fliers and postcards serve as advertisements for poetry readings and performances and many of these events are associated with the African American artists community within the City. In addition to Holly Bass, other poets whose names are listed on these fliers include Joel Dias-Porter, Cornelius Eady, Toni Asante Lightfoot, Lori Tsang, Toni Blackman, and Brandon Johnson.
- circa 1990-circa 2007
Restrictions on Access
Some records may be restricted.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Historical or Biographical Note
Holly Bass has lived in the Washington, D.C. area since 1994. She has at numerous universities and performance spaces along the eastern corridor including St. Mark's Poetry Project, the Apollo Theatre, and the Nuyorcian Poet's Cafe. She performed as a member of the Modern Urban Griots Collective, a poetry performance troupe, and the SHE Company, an international collective of women artists. Ms. Bass has performed both dance and poetry at numerous readings and stage venues throughout the Districts including the Ascension Reading Series, the Kennedy Center, and the Zora Words and Voices Festival.
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection contains postcards and fliers related to poetry readings and other performances by Holly Bass and other local poets and writers.
This collection is one folder and does not have any separate series.
Gift of Holly Bass, 2007 (Accession 2007.045)
- Advertising postcards Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bass, Holly
- Dance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lightfoot, Toni Asante
- Modern Urban Griots Collective
- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Holly Bass Poetry Ephemera collection, 1990 ca. - 2007 ca.
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English