Library Science Alumni Association records
Collection Scope and Content
Materials in this collection include four scrapbooks of the library science alumni association (and Luther Rice Society Award presented in 1972). The collection also includes correspondence, meeting minutes, obituaries, annual teas, photographs. The collection covers the years 1929 to 1956.
Restrictions on Access
Some records may be restricted.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
The Library School at The George Washington University graduated its last class in 1941. The GWU Library Science Alumni Association continued to function until 1956.
2.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection includes correspondence, programs, agendas, publications, newsletters, biographies, newspaper clippings, alumni directory, and correspondence,
Organized into three series: Library Science Department and Alumni Association, Scrapbooks, and Office files.
Materials acquired through transfers from the Alumni Association for the Department of Library Science
- George Washington University
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae
- Meetings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Obituaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schmidt, A. F. W. (Alfred Francis William)
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Library Science Alumni Association records, 1894-1974
- University Archives, Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English