Medical Center Public Relations records
Collection Scope and Content
Materials in this collection include biographical files, photographs, slides, videotapes, press kits, publications, books, and artifacts. They range in date from 1960-91, and were transferred to the University Archives by the Director of Medical Center Public Relations. Note: Not all series are processed. Ask staff for assistance.
- Creation: 1913-1999
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1991
Restrictions on Access
Series 7 is closed to research for 75 years from date of record creation.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Medical Center Public Relations at The George Washington University became the Medical Center Office of Communications and Marketing, circa 1999. It was previously known as the Department of Marketing and Public Relations (c.1994-99) and before that the Office of Public Relations. It publishes "Progress" (1989-Present), which evolved from the "Friday Report" (1970-89), and "GW Health and Medicine magazine" (1965-Present). The Director of Medical Center Public Relations reports to the Director of the Medical Center. The office also maintains publicity files on staff and faculty.
N.B. This history note was written in 2005.
49 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection includes biographical files, photographs, slides, videotapes, press kits, publications, books, and artifacts.
Organized into fourteen series: five relate to faculty and five are visual materials. The remaining four are as listed: Medical Center history, Articles, Graduating class, and Departmental files.
Materials acquired through transfers from the Director of Medical Center Public Relations.
- Blades, Brian (Person)
- Aaron, Benjamin L. (Person)
- Sizoo, Joseph Richard (Person)
- Watts, James W. (James Winston) (Person)
- George Washington University. Ross Hall (Organization)
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) (Person)
- Brady, Luther W. (Person)
- George Washington University. Medical Center (Organization)
- George Washington University (Organization)
- Miller, Frank Nelson (Person)
- Reagan, Ronald (Person)
- Roe, , Joseph (Person)
- Guide to the Medical Center Public Relations records, 1913-1999
- University Archives, Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English