Office of Housing and Residence Life records
Collection Scope and Content
Materials in this collection include manuals, annual reports, rosters, photographs, books, and artifacts. They range in date from 1937-2003, and were transferred to the University Archives by the Director of Housing and Residence Life. Please note: Not all series are processed. Ask staff for assistance.
Restrictions on Access
Series 1, 2, and 4 are closed to research for 50 years from date of record creation.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life of The George Washington University is under the Senior Vice President for Student and Academic Support Services. In 1997 it became part of the Community Living and Learning Center (CLCC), and the Office of the Dean of Students oversees its operation. It manages on-campus housing for students and establishes rules and procedures for governing them. Students and staff work together to ensure that life in the residence halls contributes to the growth of both individual students and the larger residence hall community through academic discourse, community discussion, responsible decision-making, and a variety of recreational and cultural events.
14.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection includes manuals, annual reports, rosters, photographs, books, and artifacts.
Organized into four series: Departmental files; Rosters; Watergate exhibit; and Housing and food services.
Materials acquired through transfers from Office of Housing and Residence Life.
- Dormitories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Food service Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Washington University
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Recreation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Staff Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Food service -- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Office of Housing and Residence Life records, 1937-2003
- University Archives, Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English