Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Department records
Collection Scope and Content
Materials in this collection include psychology internship records, the Aids education project, conferences, correspondence, policies, evaluations, demographic questionnaires, the Aids Education Program files, quarterly reports. The collection covers the years 1967-95. Note: Not all series are processed. Ask staff for assistance.
Restrictions on Access
Series 1 and 4 contain restricted records.
Access to student records is governed by the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which protects the privacy of student education records. Student records in Series 1 and 4 are closed for 100 years from date of record creation.
Clerkship records in Series 1 are closed for 75 years from date of record creation.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Historical or Biographical Note
The George Washington University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences has a long history and proud tradition of providing state-of-the-art clinical care, outstanding education and training programs, and cutting-edge biopsychosocial research in the Nation's Capital.
25.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection includes psychology internship records, AIDS education project, conferences, correspondence, evaluations, demographic questionnaires, and quarterly reports.
Organized into four series: Three Office files and one Internship records.
Materials acquired through transfers from Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Department.
- AIDS (Disease) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AIDS (Disease) -- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conferences Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Washington University
- Policies and institutions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports and studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Department records, 1967-1995
- University Archives, Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America