Columbian College Alumni Association records
Collection Scope and Content
Materials in this collection include "Arts and Sciences," a newsletter for alumni of Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, photographs, "First 50 years of Columbian College" exhibit, materials relating to reunion weekends and homecoming. The collections covers the years 1965 to 1993.
Restrictions on Access
Series 1 and 3 are closed to research for 25 years from date of record creation.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
The Columbian College alumni association dates back to the 1850s. Columbian College of Arts and Science is the liberal arts college within the university. Today the Columbian College Alumni Association is a part of the General Alumni Association.
2.6 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection includes "Arts and Sciences" newsletter, photographs, exhibits, alumni reunion weekends and homecoming materials.
Organized into four series: Columbian College alumni association files; Newsletter; Alumni events; Photographs.
Materials acquired through transfers from the Columbian College Alumni Association.
- Events Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Washington University
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reunions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Columbian College Alumni Association records , 1965-1993
- University Archives, Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America