IBT Member Dues Ledgers and Local Minute Books collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains bound ledger books from a variety of Teamsters Local Unions Included are cash books, day books, dues books, minutes books, expense books, membership directories, and welfare books. The ledgers date from 1891-1973, with the bulk dating from 1930-1960.
- Creation: 1891-1982
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1930 - 1960
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
69 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection contains bound ledger books from Teamsters Local Unions 14, 366, 572, 606, 686, 700, and 864; earlier Teamsters ledgers collectively list multiple rather than individual Local Unions. Included are cash books, day books, dues books, minutes books, expense books, membership directories, and welfare books. The ledgers date from 1903-1973, with the bulk dating from 1930-1960.
This collection is arranged numerically by Local Union, then alphabetically according to specific type of ledger. Bulk of materials are organized by a specific Local Union, except for earliest dated ledgers consisting of collective rather than individual union records.
Materials are stored off-site, and will require additional retrieval time. Please contact the Special Collections Research Center for more information.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from IBT 2009 and 2006.
- Guide to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Member Dues Ledgers Collection collection1903-1982
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English