Graduate Council records
Collection Scope and Content
This collection contains minutes and summaries. The minutes are of the Graduate Council and run from 1931-55. There are five volumes of summaries of GW doctoral dissertations from 1925 to 1956.
- George Washington University. Graduate Council (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Some records may be restricted.
Restrictions on Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Historical or Biographical Note
The Graduate Council was created by University President Cloyd Heck Marvin. The Graduate Council conferred only degrees of dissertations of philosophy. The faculty membership was composed of Masters in Research.
1.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Graduate Council was created by University President Cloyd Heck Marvin. This collection contains minutes and summaries of the council.
Organized into two series of records.
Acquisition information is unknown.
- Dissertations, Academic Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Washington University
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Preliminary Guide to the Graduate Council records, 1925-1967
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America