Americans for UNESCO
Scope and Contents
This collection contains records and publications created or held by Americans for UNESCO. Researchers interested in the history of the organization or in international relations, especially as it pertains to culture and education, will find these records useful.
- Majority of material found within 2003-2014
- Americans for UNESCO (Organization)
- Unesco (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research. Some files are restricted as they contain personal financial records. Archivists will review folders before researchers are allowed to access it, and remove any restricted content.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Biographical / Historical
Americans for UNESCO aims at supporting and enhancing US participation with UNESCO, in collaboration with the US National Commission, the Department of State, the UN Association, the UN Foundation, concerned government agencies, research institutes, universities and NGOs, and UNESCO itself. Regarding UNESCO and its programs, AU aims to increase public knowledge in America, foster civil-sector support, promote institutional and individual interaction, facilitate collaborative interaction, and organize interactive meetings where appropriate.
Source: https://2001-2009.state.gov/p/io/unesco/members/48674.htm accessed October 12, 2018
8.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection has been organized into 2 series, the Governance and Association Records series and the Publications series.
Materials are stored off-site, and will require additional retrieval time. Please contact the Special Collections Research Center for more information.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Americans for UNESCO, October, 2016 (Accession Number 2016-117)
- Cultural relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- International education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- International relations and culture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Americans for UNESCO Collection, 1929-2014
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America