California Teamsters Public Affairs Council Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of CTPAC Teamstergrams from 1978 to 1986 organized into one series. These newsletters report primarily on regulations and other legislation relevant to employment, especially in the freight hauling and delivery sector.
Biographical / Historical
The California Teamsters Public Affairs Council (CTPAC) is the government affairs arm of the California Teamsters. The council represents 250,000 teamsters before the California State Legislature and other state agencies. The council also organizes get out the vote efforts. The council is active in sponsoring legislative bills, endorsing political candidates, and supporting or opposing state and local ballot measures.
.5 Linear Feet (Copies of Sacramento Report)
Language of Materials
This collection contains issues of California Teamsters Public Affairs Council Teamstergrams from 1978 to 1986.
Contents are organized into one series and are arranged chronologically.
Materials are stored off-site, and will require additional retrieval time. Please contact the Special Collections Research Center for more information.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of International Brotherhood of Teamsters, 11 June 2016 (2016.006)
- Employee fringe benefits Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor unions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trucking -- Law and Legislation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trucks -- Safety regulations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- California Teamsters Public Affairs Council (Organization)
- Guide to the California Teamsters Public Affairs Council Collection, 1978-1986
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America