IBT COVID-19 Response Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection is compiled by a librarian from various IBT and Teamsters' local web-based sources. The list provides a guide for researchers to find all identified tweets and webpages addressing COVID-19 and the Teamsters' unions responses to either the pandemic or the quarantine.
- April 9, 2020-October 1, 2020
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Biographical / Historical
On March 13, 2020, President Donald Trump declared a national emergency in response to the growing number of COVID-19 cases nationwide. Members of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and the many Teamsters' affiliates and locals are employed in so-called "essential" services; nurses, grocery store clerks, police officers, delivery drivers, airline workers, and warehouse employees. This meant that, at a time when most of the country was at home, Teamsters' members were going to work to perform jobs that the rest of country depended on to run. This file was started in an effort to document and identify for future researchers how the IBT and the various Teamsters affiliates and locals have been communicating with and assisting their members in safely performing these duties.
204 digital object(s)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized into 2 series: International Brotherhood of Teamsters websites and Teamsters Locals and Affiliates websites.
Records are stored on a web-accessible server.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was acquired in two ways. Two series were harvested and archived through Archive-It and Social Feed Manager. The third was transfered from the Teamsters to GW.
- COVID-19 (Disease) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor Unions -- United States -- History -- 21st Century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor unions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Safety of workers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the IBT COVID-19 Response Collection, 2020
- In Progress
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description