George Washington University COVID-19 collection
Scope and Contents
The collection was created by the University Archivist and contains material collected by the Archives as well as by faculty.
Conditions Governing Access
Some materials are restricted.
Conditions Governing Use
To the extent that he/she owns copyright, the donor has assigned the copyright in her works to The George Washington University; however, copyright in other items in this collection may be held by their respective creators. For activities that the researcher determines fall under fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. Please contact Special Collections if the copyright status of the materials you wish to reuse is unclear. Staff will provide additional information.
For re-use of materials in the collection not created by the donor, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights, determining if the intended re-use falls under fair use, and obtaining approval from the copyright holder if the intended use does not fall under fair use. For such materials, researchers do not need anything further from The George Washington University’s Special Collections Research Center.
Biographical / Historical
On March 13, 2020, the President of the United States declared a national emergency in response to the growing number of COVID-19 cases nationwide. George Washington University pivoted to online learning at that time. This collection is an effort to document and identify for future researchers how the University responded to the virus.
100 item(s) (Contains video oral histories, images and other digital files.) : All digital.
Language of Materials
This collection documents the experiences of the students, staff, faculty and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Collection will be organized into series. There will be series for the web archives and social media; the student survey conducted by the University Archvies; and the material collected and donated by faculty.
Records are stored on a web-accessible server.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was partially harvested and archived through Archive-It and Social Feed Manager. The video files were transferred and donated by the person being interviewed.
- COVID-19 (Disease) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- COVID-19 Pandemic, 2020- Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coronavirus infections Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Washington University -- Students Subject Source: Local sources
- Student activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the George Washington University COVID-19 collection, 2020-2021
- Collection Level Record
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University Repository
2130 H Street NW
Washington 20052 United States of America