Richard Bolt collection of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority reports
Scope and Contents
This collection contains reports related to aspects of safety within the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority system. These reports date from 1982-1985. Some are lightly annotated. Several were produced by the De Leuw, Cather & Company Engineers and Planners.
- Majority of material found within 1982-1985
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials in this collection may be governed by copyright. For activities that the researcher determines fall under fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. Researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights, determining if the intended re-use falls under fair use, and obtaining approval from the copyright holder if the intended use does not fall under fair use. Please contact Special Collections if the copyright status of the materials you wish to reuse is unclear. Staff will provide additional information.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Bolt worked on design and building of the early years of Metrorail. He was a Senior System Safety Engineer with De Leuw, Cather &s; Company and served as the System Safety and Reliability Engineer on several WMATA projects as a contractor with Ralph M Parsons. While working at NASA as an engineer he worked on historically significant projects including the Apollo Moon Landing Life Support Backpack that were used on first moon landings.
.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection contains WMATA safety reports from the mid-1980s and were donated by Richard Bolt who was a safety engineer.
Reports are arranged chronologically.
Materials are stored off-site, and will require additional retrieval time. Please contact the Special Collections Research Center for more information.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Richard Bolt, 2022 January 25 (2022.003); 2022 June 20 (2022.029); and 2022 August 26 (2022.037)
Both copies of the report titled Life Safety forest glen station section B009, 1982 October were retained because each copy had different annotations.
- Local transit -- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Subways Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Richard Bolt collection of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority reports, 1982-1985
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description