IBT Local 279, Decatur records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of agreements and correspondence with comapies with whom IBT Local 279 bargained. There are subject files relating to the Davis -Bacon Act and union benefits.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Some materials may be copyrighted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collection.
Biographical / Historical
IBT Local 279 was originally charted on January 31, 1933. The charter was revised on December 1, 1940.
0.75 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The collection consists mainly of agreements and correspsondence with companies with whom IBT Local 279 bargained.
The collection is arranged by company adn/or by subject.
Materials may be stored off-site and may require additional retrieval time. Please contact the Special Collections Research Center for more information.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
THis collection was transferred from the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- Labor unions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor unions -- United States -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 279, Decatur records, 1960-1978
- Special Collections Research Center, The George Washington University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English