Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection contains course catalogs, yearbooks, student grades, course books, photographs, brochures, handbooks, and commencement programs. They range in date from 1925 to 1994.
The GW Hatchet began in 1904, before that it was called the Weekly Columbian, before that the Columbian Call. The newspaper celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2004. Materials in this collection include a master set of microfilm of the student newspaper "Hatchet" from 1904 to 1989, photographs of Burton Sapin, Quigley's Pharmacy, Lloyd Elliott, Dr. Dennis O'leary, President and Nancy Reagan and other photos from the 1970 to 1980s.
Materials in this collection include approximately 60,000 negatives of GWU images taken by Marvin Ickow. The material dates from 1975-88. The images include alumni, sports, reunions, seminars, development office activities, construction projects on campus, and faculty members. Prominent people include Edward Teller, Thelma Hunt, Chief Justice Warren Burger, and GW President Lloyd Elliott.
Materials in this collection include the Wolcott Foundation brochures and annual reports, student files, Scottish Rite brochures (1962-1985) reports and statistics for the Scottish Rite Fellowships, (1951-1987). The collection ranges in date from 1951 to 1989.
Collection includes updates from John Francis Latimer, biographies (including Thelma Hunt and George Nordlinger), correspondence and other items from the files of William Turner, as well as recordings and transcripts of Clyde Lindley and George Steiner speaking about their careers upon induction.
This collection include photos, diplomas, invitations, newspapers, early land holdings, 19th century newspaper accounts of the early college, Civil War records, and memorabilia.
- Washington (D.C.) 7
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 6
- Photographs 5
- Scrapbooks 3
- Sports 3
- Students 3
- Audiotapes 2
- Buildings 2
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Faculty 2
- Hatchet 2
- Accreditation (Education) 1
- Biography 1
- Building construction 1
- Campuses 1
- Color slides 1
- Correspondence 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Education, Higher -- United States 1
- Events 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 6
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 5
- George Washington University--History 4
- Marvin, Cloyd Heck 3
- Trachtenberg, Stephen Joel 3
- Carroll, Thomas Henry 2
- Cronkite, Walter 2
- George Washington University. School of Business 2
- Hunt, Thelma 2
- Levitan, Sar 2
- Reagan, Ronald 2
- Samson, G. W. (George Whitefield) 2
- Scottish Rite (Masonic order) 2
- Anderson, G. David 1
- Bacon, Joel Smith, 1802-1869 1
- Benjamin Franklin University 1
- Binney, J. G. (Joseph Getchell), 1807-1877 1
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) 1
- Borden, William Cline 1 ∧ less