To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — oversize-folder: UP1
Overview This collection contains materials related to the work of John Nolen as an urban planner in Washington D.C. The materials date from 1906-2000 with the bulk of the material falling between 1935 and 1968. The materials in this collection include official records from organizations such as the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and the National Capital Park and Planning Commission (now the National Planning Commission) for which John Nolen worked as well as material from organizations of which...
Dates: 1906-2000; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1968
Abstract Collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings. The clippings date from 1953-1955 and have been culled from local newspapers, including the Washington Star, Washington Daily News, and Washington Post. The clippings document urban planning efforts in Washington, D.C. Zach served on the National Capital Planning Commission during this period.
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Housing 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Transportation 1
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 1
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 1
- National Research Council (U.S.). Highway Research Board 1
- Nolen, John 1
- United States. National Capital Park Commission 1
- United States. National Capital Park and Planning Commission 1
- Washington Housing Association 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 1
- Zach, Leon Henry 1 ∧ less