To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This collection includes research notes, clippings, reports, notes from interviews, dissertation drafts, correspondence, dissertations, and photographs. Most of the material dates from 1966-1983. These are the papers of Dennis Gale from his time teaching and working on his dissertation at George Washington University. This collection consists of materials on the history of Georgetown and on urban planning and development.
Dates: 1903-1989; Majority of material found within 1966 - 1983
Collection — oversize-folder: UP1
Overview This collection contains materials related to the work of John Nolen as an urban planner in Washington D.C. The materials date from 1906-2000 with the bulk of the material falling between 1935 and 1968. The materials in this collection include official records from organizations such as the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and the National Capital Park and Planning Commission (now the National Planning Commission) for which John Nolen worked as well as material from organizations of which...
Dates: 1906-2000; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1968
Overview This collection contains photographs, slides, film and a small number of paper records with materials such as press releases, public hearings, planning records, newspaper articles, and memoranda related to the construction of Metro. These records were produced by Larry Levine while employed by WMATA as a staff photographer. These materials cover the years 1944-2003. Additional materials were added to Series 1 that include publications about the Metro, produced by both WMATA and outside sources,...
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- Urban transportation 2
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Building construction 1
- City planning 1
- Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Housing 1
- Photographs 1
- Transportation 1
- Urban renewal 1
- Urbanization 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Regulation Compact 1 ∧ less
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Gale, Dennis E. 1
- National Research Council (U.S.). Highway Research Board 1
- Nolen, John 1
- United States. National Capital Park Commission 1
- United States. National Capital Park and Planning Commission 1
- United States. National Capital Planning Commission 1
- Washington Housing Association 1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 1 ∧ less