To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Elmer Louis Kayser (1896-1985) came to The George Washington University as a student in 1914 and stayed until his death 1985. He was an institution unto himself, and author of two books chronicling the history of GW: Bricks Without Straw: The Evolution of George Washington University (1970) and A Medical Center The Institutional Development of Medical Education in George Washington University (1973). He also wrote The Grand Social Enterprise; A Study of Jeremy Bentham in his Relation to Liberal...
Abstract This collection contains photographs, slides, scrapbook pages, faculty handbooks, correspondence, brochures, event programs, student and alumni publications, and oversized poster boards and artifacts, which include plaques, framed photographs, Mount Vernon College themed paraphenalia, and various items of A/V equipment. These materials documenting the the daily lives of students, special college events, and alumni involvement in college life, were produced and used by students and faculty of...
Dates: 1875-2002; Majority of material found within 1920 - 1997
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Courses and lectures 1
- Education 1
- Education, Higher -- United States 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Programs 1
- Schools -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Speeches 1
- Student activities 1
- Students 1
- United States 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1
- Women's colleges 1 ∧ less
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Historical Association 1
- Collier, William Miller 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University--History 1