Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
This collection includes research notes, clippings, reports, notes from interviews, dissertation drafts, correspondence, dissertations, and photographs. Most of the material dates from 1966-1983. These are the papers of Dennis Gale from his time teaching and working on his dissertation at George Washington University. This collection consists of materials on the history of Georgetown and on urban planning and development.
Collection includes blueprints of buildings (including Lisner Hall, Lisner Auditorium, Stockton Hall, Mitchell Hall, Bradley Hall, Dorothy Betts Theater, Gelman Library), campus plans, parking lots owned, and expansion programs. There are also images of projects from the Mount Vernon Campus.
This collection contains Foggy Bottom Association records related to historic preservation and urban renewal in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood. The association has been very active in advocating for the preservation of the residential character of Foggy Bottom as profound changes have come to the neighborhood since the mid-20th century.
Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
Collection consists of the D.C. Comprehensive Plan including documents relating to the comprehensive plan for the National Capital; manuscript and committee records; printed ephemera; newspaper articles; newsletters; magazine articles; brochures and guidebooks; awards and certificates. The material dates from 1928-92.
The collection consists of blueprints for the Highway Bridge in Washington D.C., as proposed and designed in 1901 by a Board of Engineers appointed by the Secretary of War. They were produced as part of a 25 October 1901 report to Congress on the Highway Bridge.
This collection is the working papers of Howard W. Hallman. Howard Hallman worked for many years within the citizen participation movement in American cities from the middle 1960s through the 1980s. The collection containes correspondence, newsletters, publications, and reports from 1945-2003 with the bulk falling within 1961-1983. Topics of these materials include city bugeting, citizen participation, decentralization of government services and poverty.
Collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings. The clippings date from 1953-1955 and have been culled from local newspapers, including the Washington Star, Washington Daily News, and Washington Post. The clippings document urban planning efforts in Washington, D.C. Zach served on the National Capital Planning Commission during this period.
Records related to neighborhood overlay and development from the Woodland Normanstone Neighborhood Association
- Washington (D.C.) 7
- City planning 5
- Housing 5
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 3
- Neighborhood planning -- United States -- Citizen participation. 3
- Planning 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Transportation 3
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 3
- Urban transportation 3
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Building construction 2
- Buildings 2
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Historic preservation 2
- Photographs 2
- Urbanization 2
- Zoning 2
- Accreditation (Education) 1
- Automobile parking 1 + ∧ less
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 3
- United States. National Capital Planning Commission 3
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 3
- Craig, Peter Stebbins 2
- George Washington University 2
- Nolen, John 2
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Planning and Civic Association 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Bacon, Joel Smith, 1802-1869 1
- Binney, J. G. (Joseph Getchell), 1807-1877 1
- Carroll, Thomas Henry 1
- Center for Governmental Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Chapin, Stephen, 1778-1845 1
- Civic Action Institute (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Collier, William Miller 1
- Community Action Program (U.S.) 1
- Delano, Frederic Adrian 1 + ∧ less