To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This collection contains papers documenting the civic and professional activities of the late Grosvenor Chapman including those as a member of the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and as a local architect. The records date from 1931-1994 with the bulk falling between 1957-1984.
Collection — oversize-folder: UP1
Overview This collection contains materials related to the work of John Nolen as an urban planner in Washington D.C. The materials date from 1906-2000 with the bulk of the material falling between 1935 and 1968. The materials in this collection include official records from organizations such as the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and the National Capital Park and Planning Commission (now the National Planning Commission) for which John Nolen worked as well as material from organizations of which...
Dates: 1906-2000; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1968
- Architecture 1
- City planning 1
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Georgetown Waterfront (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Housing 1
- Interstate 66 (Va. and Washington, D.C.) 1
- Transportation 1
- Urbanization 1
- Whitehurst Freeway (Washington, D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Chapman, Grosvenor 1