Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
11th Street bridges reconstruction project opposition lawsuit records
This collection contains documents mostly government documents collected and used as part of a lawsuit to stop the 11th Street bridges project. These records date from 2003-2009.
Barney Circle interstate bridge fight records
C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers
The C. Darwin Stolzenbach papers consists of correspondence and memoranda, bound and unbound reports, original and photocopied news clippings, documents related to civil action suits pertaining to highway legislation, excerpts from law review magazines, press releases, copies of speeches, minutes and agendas of meetings, original and photocopied Congressional and other legislation, photographs, and maps.
Frederick Gutheim papers
Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
Grosvenor Chapman papers
This collection contains papers documenting the civic and professional activities of the late Grosvenor Chapman including those as a member of the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and as a local architect. The records date from 1931-1994 with the bulk falling between 1957-1984.
John A. Wilson papers
This collection consists of the office files of Council of the District of Columbia Member John A. Wilson.
John Nolen, Jr. papers
Richard Bolt collection of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority reports
This collection contains WMATA safety reports from the mid-1980s and were donated by Richard Bolt who was a safety engineer.
Washington Metro Oral History Project collection
This collection consists of oral history interviews conducted by Dr. Zachary Schrag. These oral histories relate to the history of the Washington Metro.
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) photographs, audiovisual, and publications
- Transportation 4
- Urban transportation 4
- Urban renewal 3
- Washington (D.C.) 3
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Barney Circle (Washington, D.C.) 2
- City planning 2
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Housing 2
- Urbanization 2
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Regulation Compact 2
- AIDS (Disease) 1
- Architecture 1
- Building construction 1
- Buildings -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- City council members -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Express highways 1
- Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Georgetown Waterfront (Washington, D.C.) 1 + ∧ less
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 4
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Herman, Christopher 2
- Stolzenbach, C. Darwin 2
- United States. National Capital Planning Commission 2
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Bolt, Richard Barkwill,, 1939- 1
- Chapman, Grosvenor 1
- District of Columbia. City Council. 1
- George Washington University 1
- George Washington University. Historic Preservation Program 1
- Gutheim, Frederick Albert 1
- Institute for the Study of Transportation 1
- National Capital Transportation Agency (U.S.) 1
- National Research Council (U.S.). Highway Research Board 1
- Nolen, John 1
- Pfanstiehl, Cody 1 + ∧ less