Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Adelia Gates Hensley was the second president of Mount Vernon Seminary, founded in Washington, D.C. in 1875. Mount Vernon Seminary and College merged with The George Washington University in 1999. This collection contains correspondence, photographs, silverware, a diploma, and mortorboard of and belonging to Adelia Gates Hensley, president of Mount Vernon Seminary from 1915 to 1923.
M Street was the second location of Mount Vernon Seminary, founded in Washington, D.C. in 1875. The school officially began operating from its M Street location in 1880. Mount Vernon Seminary and College merged with The George Washington University in 1999. This collection contains photographs, artifacts, school event and club records, student scrapbooks and other student materials created during the school's time on M Street. The materials range in date from circa 1877-1939.
This collection contains memorabilia from the Mount Vernon Seminary and College campuses. The Mount Vernon Seminary began in 1875 as a private high school and junior college for women, founded by Elizabeth J. Somers. The George Washington University initially affiliated with Mount Vernon College, and ultimately acquired the college's property and legacy in 1999. Material in this collection dates between circa 1850 and 2000.