Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection includes scrapbooks, papers, diplomas, newspapers, textiles, and memorabilia from various sources associated with alumni of the University.
Collection include meeting minutes (original and microfilm), correspondence, charters and by-laws, committee files, and congressional documents relating to the University.
This collection includes notebooks, diaries, lectures, medical research papers, correspondence, photographs, plays, booklets, awards, and and memorabilia.
collection include original plates and explanations by Dr. Newberry, and notes and memoranda by Dr. Arthur Hollick made while editing Newberry's work for publication. Published by the U.S. Geological Survey as v. 35 of Monographs in 1898, under the title: Later Extinct Floras of North America. They date from 1898.
Lester Frank Ward (1841-1913) has been described by some as the father of American sociology. His contributions to sociology are almost forgotten today, but at one time he was considered to be one of America's leading intellectuals. Collection includes diaries, correspondence, photographs, a scrapbook. and sixty-nine articles written by Lester Frank Ward. The materials range in date from between 1883 and 1919.
Collection of handwritten notes from Washington newspapers that had articles dealing with the University and its history. This included commencements, advertisements, medical, law and other GW schools. The collection covers the years 1821 to 1872.
This collection include photos, diplomas, invitations, newspapers, early land holdings, 19th century newspaper accounts of the early college, Civil War records, and memorabilia.
- Names: Columbian University X
- Washington (D.C.) 6
- Photographs 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Students 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Audiotapes 2
- Biography 2
- Buildings 2
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Diaries 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- Medicine 2
- Sports 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Arena Stage (Organization : Washington, D.C.) 1
- Board of Trustees 1
- Building construction 1
- By-laws 1
- Choral singing 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 6
- Columbian College in the District of Columbia 4
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 4
- George Washington University--History 4
- Marvin, Cloyd Heck 3
- George Washington University. Law School 2
- Luther Rice 2
- Adams, John Quincy 1
- Allison, Burgiss 1
- Balfour, Donald C. (Donald Church) 1
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) 1
- Borden, William Cline 1
- Carroll, Thomas Henry 1
- Colclough, Oswald S. 1
- Corcoran, W. W. (William Wilson) 1
- Cronkite, Walter 1
- Eban, Abba Solomon 1
- Eliot, Thomas D. (Thomas Dawes) 1
- Elliott, Lloyd H. 1 ∧ less