To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, news releases, booklets, articles, brochures, statements, meeting files, briefing books, memorabilia, newsletters, photographs, negatives, slides, bills, and hearing files documenting the life and activities of civil rights activist Walter F. Fauntroy. These materials date from 1941-1990 with the bulk of the records falling between 1960-1990.
Overview Walter E. Fauntroy is a civil rights and religious leader in Washington, DC, with a career spanning over sixty years. Fauntroy served previously as delegate to the House of Representatives for Washington, DC; pastor of New Bethel Baptist Church; and as director of Walter E. Fauntroy and Associates (a Washington, DC-based consulting firm)--among many other things.This collection contains administrative files, project proposals, speeches, correspondence, financial and legal documents,...
Dates: 1930-2006; Majority of material found within 1990-2006
- Names: Fauntroy, Walter E. X
- Black-and-white slides 1
- Churches -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Civil rights 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- Color slides 1
- Home rule 1
- International relations 1
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, Washington, D.C., 1963 1
- Photographs 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Political consultants 1
- Politicians 1
- United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington 1
- United States. Congress 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Charles Sumner School (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 1