Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection includes scrapbooks, papers, diplomas, newspapers, textiles, and memorabilia from various sources associated with alumni of the University.
Collection includes blueprints of buildings (including Lisner Hall, Lisner Auditorium, Stockton Hall, Mitchell Hall, Bradley Hall, Dorothy Betts Theater, Gelman Library), campus plans, parking lots owned, and expansion programs. There are also images of projects from the Mount Vernon Campus.
Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
This collection contains bibliographies, floor plans, organization charts, brochures, reports, correspondence, newsletters, guides, and statistics. They range in date from 1904 to 1999. The materials concern the building fund, donations, annual reports, topical research guides, Maury Memorial Law Library, and the National Law Center.
The Peter Smeallie and Peter Smith Collection consists of 167 photographs and graphics that were reproduced in the book New Construction for Older Buildings: A Design Sourcebook for Archivists and Preservationists (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1990), which they co-authored. The collection also contains .25 linear feet of correspondence and releases.
Collection contains the bulletins of The George Washington University, from all schools and colleges. These bulletins include special addresses, reports, and pictorial bulletins, as well as academic courses, fees, and degree requirements.
This collection include photos, diplomas, invitations, newspapers, early land holdings, 19th century newspaper accounts of the early college, Civil War records, and memorabilia.
- Washington (D.C.) 7
- Buildings 5
- Photographs 4
- Scrapbooks 3
- Students 3
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Building construction 2
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Faculty 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 2
- Reports and studies 2
- Sports 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- American civilization 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Awards 1
- Biography 1
- Buildings -- Washington (D.C.) 1 + ∧ less
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 5
- George Washington University--History 3
- George Washington University. Law School 3
- Columbian College in the District of Columbia 2
- Columbian University 2
- Marvin, Cloyd Heck 2
- Balfour, Donald C. (Donald Church) 1
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) 1
- Borden, William Cline 1
- Burns, Jacob 1
- Carroll, Thomas Henry 1
- Colclough, Oswald S. 1
- Cronkite, Walter 1
- Eban, Abba Solomon 1
- Eliot, Thomas D. (Thomas Dawes) 1
- Elliott, Lloyd H. 1
- George Washington University. American Studies Dept. 1
- George Washington University. Board of Trustees 1
- George Washington University. Bradley Hall 1 + ∧ less