To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract J. Dallas Shirley (1913-1994) graduated from George Washington University in 1936, where he was a member of the basketball team. He received a Distinguished Alumni Achievement award from GW in 1981, and was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1980. Collection includes plaques, scrapbooks, assorted carved figurines, trophies, pennants and patches, photographs and slides (including Hall of Fame, Red Auerbach), Rome Olymmpics files, media guides officials manuals, Dallas Shirley's diploma,...
Abstract Materials in this collection include research papers, news clippings, research reports, newsletters, government documents, research notes, memos, bibliographic cards, correspondence, maps, photographs, slides, negatives, audiotapes, videotapes, and artifacts. They range in date from 1965-90.
Abstract Collection contains photographs, slides, audiocassettes, manuscript galleys, correspondence, photograph releases, clippings, book contract, press releases, and media guidelines. This material dates from 1984-97. The material relates to the production and publication of Mr. Goldblatt's books "Special Events: The Art and Science of Celebration" (published by Van Nostrand Reinhold in 1990), "Dictionary of Events Management" (edited with Carol McKibben, published by John Wiley and Sons, 1996) and...
Abstract Collection includes biographical files, photographs, slides, videotapes, press kits, publications, books, and artifacts.
Dates: 1913-1999; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1991
Abstract Collection includes slides, correspondence, manuals, and course registration information.
Abstract Collection include photographs (including many campus buildings no longer extant) and slides (including commencements, buildings, distinguished alumni, President Lloyd Elliott, Jack Friedenthal, Edward "Skip" Ghnem, the GW mascot, Elmer Kayser, the men's and Women's basketball teams, President Trachtenberg, the University Yard, Gates, campus and Washington scenes, and other personalities. Artifacts include banners, key chains, buttons, towels, medals, tickets to Ronald Reagan Honorary Degree...
Abstract Collection includes financial reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, by-laws, memos, publications, brochures, photos and slides.
Abstract Special materials was always a part of the University's library collections; however, it was not until 1973, and the opening of the Gelman Library, that the University's special materials were housed together in proper storage and service areas. Materials in this collection include publications on the Elliott School of International Affairs, the symposium at GW on George Gamow, Baptist Church materials, bibliographies of faculty publications. and other exhibit materials including programs,...
Abstract Collection includes annual reports, research papers, video tapes, brochures, and slides.
Abstract Collection includes original construction drawings for Gelman library and 2000 Pennsylvania Avenue, student forms, handbook for preparing theses, syllabi, newsletters, departmental history, articles, community project files (Washington, D.C. and neighborhoods), and slides.
- Washington (D.C.) 8
- Black-and-white slides 5
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 5
- Photographs 5
- Campuses 2
- Employees 2
- Events 2
- Melvin Gelman Library 2
- Art therapy 1
- Asia 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Basketball 1
- Biography 1
- Books 1
- By-laws 1
- Civil engineering 1
- Computer engineering 1
- Counseling 1
- Electrical engineering and electronics 1
- Engineering 1
- Europe 1
- Exhibitions 1
- Faculty 1
- Finance 1
- Geography 1
- Gifts 1
- Hatchet 1
- Maps 1
- Photography 1
- Publications 1
- Reports and studies 1
- Training 1
- United States 1
- Videotapes 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 2
- Reagan, Ronald 2
- 2000 Pennsylvania Avenue (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Aaron, Benjamin L. 1
- Basketball Hall of Fame (Springfield, Mass.) 1
- Blades, Brian 1
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) 1
- Brady, Luther W. 1
- Cronkite, Walter 1
- Elliott, Lloyd H. 1
- Friedenthal, Jack H. 1
- Gelman Library. Special Collections Dept. 1
- George Washington Univeristy. Office of Training 1
- George Washington University--History 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of Urban and Regional Planning 1
- George Washington University. Event Management Program 1
- George Washington University. Library 1
- George Washington University. Medical Center 1
- George Washington University. Medical Center. Office of Communications and Marketing 1
- George Washington University. Ross Hall 1
- George Washington University. School of Engineering and Applied Science 1
- George Washington University. University Counseling Center 1
- Gnehm, Edward W. (Edward William) 1
- Goldblatt, Joe Jeff 1
- Hoffman, George 1
- Howard, Ronald W. 1
- Miller, Frank Nelson 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association 1
- Olympic Games 1
- Roe, , Joseph 1
- Shirley, Dallas 1
- Sizoo, Joseph Richard 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- Trachtenberg, Stephen Joel 1
- University of Texas 1
- Watts, James W. (James Winston) 1
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars 1 ∧ less