To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The collection include manuscript drafts and proofs, research notes, clippings, photographs, prints, correspondence, awards, lecture notes, personal papers, professional papers, and reports. They range in date from circa 1860 to 2017, but the bulk of the material dates from 1950 to 2011. The material relates to James Goode's graduate studies, his 2009 book on Washington sculptures, his collection of American self-portraits, his personal and professional life, and other research interests.
Dates: circa 1860-2018; Majority of material found within 1950 - 2018
Abstract Lester Frank Ward (1841-1913) has been described by some as the father of American sociology. His contributions to sociology are almost forgotten today, but at one time he was considered to be one of America's leading intellectuals. Collection includes diaries, correspondence, photographs, a scrapbook. and sixty-nine articles written by Lester Frank Ward. The materials range in date from between 1883 and 1919.
Abstract Collection includes photographs and negatives, office files regarding Alumni Achievement Awards, and memorabilia.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- American civilization 1
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Awards 1
- By-laws 1
- Diaries 1
- Directories 1
- Events 1
- Exhibitions 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Meetings 1
- Publications 1
- Reunions 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sociology 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Columbian University 1
- Columbian Women, George Washington University, Washington (D.C.) 1
- George Washington University. Alumni Relations Office 1
- Goode, James M., 1939-2019 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- Ward, Lester Frank 1 ∧ less