To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The collection include manuscript drafts and proofs, research notes, clippings, photographs, prints, correspondence, awards, lecture notes, personal papers, professional papers, and reports. They range in date from circa 1860 to 2017, but the bulk of the material dates from 1950 to 2011. The material relates to James Goode's graduate studies, his 2009 book on Washington sculptures, his collection of American self-portraits, his personal and professional life, and other research interests.
Dates: circa 1860-2018; Majority of material found within 1950 - 2018
Abstract Contains diaries, correspondence, research notes, articles, chapters from books, syllabi, exam questions, news clippings, correspondence, original military ballads, illustrations, and photographs range in date from 1936-1990 (bulk 1960-1990) documenting Cunliffe’s career as a scholar of American history.
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Biography 1
- Diaries 1
- Exhibitions 1
- Great Britain 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Lantern slides 1
- Sussex (England) 1
- United States 1
- United States -- History 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Cunliffe, Marcus 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Goode, James M., 1939-2019 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- University of Sussex 1