Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection includes scrapbooks, papers, diplomas, newspapers, textiles, and memorabilia from various sources associated with alumni of the University.
Collection consists of blankets, a football helmet, an athletic letter, a football, football programs, a pennant from 1957 Sun Bowl game, scrapbooks, photos, cups, and a trophy donated by Bill Ryan. Bill Ryan earned an A.A. degree from George Washington University in 1934 and also served as President of Colonials, Inc. athletic booster club in 1956-1957.
The GW Hatchet began in 1904, before that it was called the Weekly Columbian, before that the Columbian Call. The newspaper celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2004. Materials in this collection include a master set of microfilm of the student newspaper "Hatchet" from 1904 to 1989, photographs of Burton Sapin, Quigley's Pharmacy, Lloyd Elliott, Dr. Dennis O'leary, President and Nancy Reagan and other photos from the 1970 to 1980s.
Hazel Smallwood Hanback (1918- ) is a life-long Foggy Bottom neighborhood resident, graduate of The George Washington University and served as a member of the Board of Trustees from 1979-1996. Collection includes two scrapbooks from the Grant School (in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood), including the PTA of the school, and includes photographs, programs, reports, correspondence and by-laws. Also present are three Kodak cameras, a bow used in archery class and a beanie from Grant School.
Collection includes legislative records, governing documents, by-laws, student court cases, Greek policy, minutes and memos, records, and correspondence. freshmen register, homecoming and campaign posters, and constitutional convention records.
This collection include photos, diplomas, invitations, newspapers, early land holdings, 19th century newspaper accounts of the early college, Civil War records, and memorabilia.
Collection consists of photographs of and news clippings about George Washington coach William Reinhart ranging in date from 1920-1993. In addition, contains certificates, correspondence, and a scrapbook of testimonial banquet on March 29, 1955.