To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Collection includes correspondence, press releases, papers, case reports, data from experiments, lecture notes, booklets, articles, conference programs, anatomical drawings, newspaper and magazine clippings, photographs, and artifacts.
Abstract In 1952, after twenty-eight years of service in city government, John Bonner Duncan (1910-1994) was appointed recorder of deeds for the District of Columbia. He served in this capacity until 1961, at which time President John F. Kennedy appointed him the first African-American commissioner of the District of Columbia. Collection contains photographs, speeches, awards, correspondence, medical records, articles, scrapbooks, memorabilia, and reference files. The material dates from 1932-89,...
- Names: Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) X
- Equal opportunity in employment 1
- Gambling 1
- Home rule 1
- Medical care 1
- Medicine 1
- Myofascial pain syndromes 1
- Pain management 1
- Presidents 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- White House (Washington, D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Bunche, Ralph J. (Ralph Johnson) 1
- District of Columbia . Office of the Recorder of Deeds 1
- Duncan, John Bonner 1
- George Washington University 1
- George Washington University. Hospital 1