To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview This collection consists of records relating to the Washington, D.C. restaurant Ben's Chili Bowl dating from 1943-2018.
Overview This collection containes poems, essays, articles, notebooks, correspondence, fliers, clippings and other materials relating to the literary works of Washington D.C. poet Brian Gilmore. Included are articles from publications including the Washington Post, Detriot Free Press, the Washington Afro American, DC North, the Houston Chronicle and the Progressive as well as research files collected while composing these pieces. Topics include Malcolm X, Duke Ellington, the death penalty, gradutaion...
Abstract Collection primarily contains notes and early drafts of Constance Green's writings, and also includes pamphlets, bibliographies, and classroom materials in the area of urban and negro studies.
Dates: circa 1959-1972
- African Americans 2
- African Americans -- Study and teaching 1
- Black studies 1
- Business 1
- Cities and towns -- Study and teaching 1
- Civil rights 1
- Home rule 1
- Music -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Poetry -- African American poets 1
- Politics and government 1
- Shaw (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Barry, Marion 1
- Ben's Chili Bowl 1
- Cosby, Bill 1
- Gilmore, Brian 1
- Green, Constance McLaughlin 1
- Williams, Anthony 1 ∧ less