Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
This collection contains papers documenting the civic and professional activities of the late Grosvenor Chapman including those as a member of the Committee of 100 on the Federal City and as a local architect. The records date from 1931-1994 with the bulk falling between 1957-1984.
Mount Vernon Seminary and College was an all-women's high school and junior college founded in 1875 by Elizabeth J. Somers. The George Washington University initially affiliated with Mount Vernon College, and ultimately acquired the college's property and legacy in 1999. This collection contains the records of the Mount Vernon College Chapel. The artifacts and records date from 1931 to 1980, with the bulk of the material dating between 1963 and 1971.
Mount Vernon Seminary and College collection of biographical materials and correspondence with Marjorie Merriweather Post
This collection contains material relating to the works and academic career of Norris I Crandall. Included are manuscript drafts, lecture notes, research notes and students papers dating from 1935-1954.
This collection contains architectural drawings (both oversize and letter file size), photographs, negatives and reports. The firm began in 1984, but the records date from 1981-2007. These records document the work this firm undertook in historic preservation Washington DC Metropolitan area.
This is an artificial collection created by Special Collections and is composed of publications produced by Washington area organizations.
- Subject: Architecture X
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 7
- Washington (D.C.) 4
- Architecture 3
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 3
- Photographs 2
- Urban transportation 2
- American civilization 1
- Archaeology 1
- Architects 1
- Architecture -- Classical 1
- Architecture -- Greece 1
- Art -- Study and teaching -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Art, Greek 1
- Biography 1
- Building construction 1
- Buildings -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Carthage (Extinct City) 1
- Churches -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- City planning 1
- City planning -- Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 2
- Mount Vernon College 2
- Mount Vernon Seminary 2
- Buitron-Oliver, Diana, Dr. 1
- Chapman, Grosvenor 1
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Crandall, Norris Ingersoll 1
- D.C. Preservation League 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University. Historic Preservation Program 1
- George Washington University. Mount Vernon Campus 1
- Goode, James M., 1939-2019 1
- Gutheim, Frederick Albert 1
- Hill, Dorothy Kent 1
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington 1
- Lloyd, George 1
- May, Herbert A. 1
- May, Herbert A. , Jr. 1
- Oehrlein & Associates 1
- Oehrlein, Mary L. 1 ∧ less