To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
Abstract The collection include manuscript drafts and proofs, research notes, clippings, photographs, prints, correspondence, awards, lecture notes, personal papers, professional papers, and reports. They range in date from circa 1860 to 2017, but the bulk of the material dates from 1950 to 2011. The material relates to James Goode's graduate studies, his 2009 book on Washington sculptures, his collection of American self-portraits, his personal and professional life, and other research interests.
Dates: circa 1860-2018; Majority of material found within 1950 - 2018
Abstract This is an artificial collection created by Special Collections and is composed of publications produced by Washington area organizations.
- American civilization 1
- Biography 1
- Buildings -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- City planning 1
- Economic conditions 1
- Exhibition buildings 1
- Exhibitions 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Housing 1
- Jewish community centers 1
- Mount Vernon (Va.: Estate) 1
- Photographs 1
- Preservation and restoration 1
- Programs 1
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Urbanization 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University 2
- D.C. Preservation League 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University. Historic Preservation Program 1
- Goode, James M., 1939-2019 1