To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview This collection contains the research files of Dawn Eichenlaub. The type of document include legal cases, brochures, meeting agendas, reports, organizational charts, newsletters, and newspaper articles. These materials date from 1965-1983 with the bulk falling between 1976-1978. The subjects relate to historic preservation primarily within the D.C. metropolitan area and are mostly for different historic preservation organizations working in the city. These organizations include both federal...
Dates: 1965-1983; Majority of material found within 1976 - 1978
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Buildings -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- City planning 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Historic preservation 1
- Housing 1
- Mount Vernon (Va.: Estate) 1
- Preservation and restoration 1
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 1
- Urban renewal 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Don't Tear It Down 1
- Eichenlaub, Dawn Monica 1
- George Washington University 1
- George Washington University. Historic Preservation Program 1
- Gutheim, Frederick Albert 1