To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract David A. Clarke (1943-1997) served as the Ward One Representative on the Council of the District of Columbia from 1975 to 1982, and served as Chairman of the Council between 1983 and 1991. In 1993, he was elected to complete the term of the late John A. Wilson, and in 1995 he was reinstated to serve another four-year term, where he served until his death in 1997. This collection contains correspondence, subject files, campaign and election records, clippings, legal documents, photographs, and...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract This collection consists of the office files of D.C. Council Member John A. Wilson.
Overview This collection contains oral histories (both audio and video recordings) of people associated with the Marion Barry campaign for mayor in 1978. The colletion also contains a small amount of paper records and artifacts related to the campaign and District government. These oral histories were conducted between 2015 and 2017. The collection as a whole dates from 1975 - 2017.
Dates: 1975 - 2017
Overview This collection contains handwritten commentaries, typed commentary, published articles from multiple newspapers and personal documents from the career of Mark Plotkin. Plotkin was most well known for his career as a political commentator and analyst primarily on the radio and on TV. These appearances were local and international (CBC-Canadian Broadcasting Company and CTV-Canadian Television Commentary). Plotkin was the political analyst for WAMU, an NPR affiliate, from 1982-2002. After leaving...
Abstract This collection contains the constituent files of Nadine P. Winter during her time as a member of the Council of the District of Columbia representing Ward 6. These records date in the 1980s through 1990.
Dates: Circa 1976-1990; Majority of material found within 1985 - 1990
- Mayors--United States 2
- Political campaigns 2
- AIDS (Disease) 1
- Campaign funds 1
- Elections -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Federal government 1
- Fiscal policy 1
- Governors--United States 1
- Home rule 1
- Homelessness -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Housing 1
- Journalism 1
- Judicial power 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Maryland--Politics and government 1
- Neighborhoods 1
- Oral history 1
- Oral history -- Washington(D.C.) 1
- Political activists 1
- Political conventions 1
- Radio 1
- Schools -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Statehood (American politics) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 1
- United States--Politics and government 1
- United States. Congress. House--District of Columbia voting rights 1
- Urban renewal 1
- Virginia--Politics and government 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1 ∧ less
- District of Columbia. City Council. 4
- Barry, Marion 1
- Clarke, David A. 1
- Coleman, Milton, 1946- 1
- District of Columbia. Ward 6. 1