To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Collection includes M.F.A. thesis photos, exhibition schedules and programs, and brochures.
Abstract Collection consists of a significant number of photographs collected from the exhibit "Washington's Italian Community 1890-Present" developed and sponsored by the Washington Area Studies Department that was held in November 1984; negatives of all materials collected; obituaries; news articles; research notes; correspondence; clippings; and copies of the exhibit flyer and the article Alan Kraut and Howard Gillette did for the "Journal of American Ethnic History."
Abstract The collection include manuscript drafts and proofs, research notes, clippings, photographs, prints, correspondence, awards, lecture notes, personal papers, professional papers, and reports. They range in date from circa 1860 to 2017, but the bulk of the material dates from 1950 to 2011. The material relates to James Goode's graduate studies, his 2009 book on Washington sculptures, his collection of American self-portraits, his personal and professional life, and other research interests.
Dates: circa 1860-2018; Majority of material found within 1950 - 2018
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Collection consists of records, correspondence, photographs, and ephemeral materials ranging in date from 1931 to 1981. The records document John Russell Mason's librarianship education at Columbia University, individual exhibits held at the University Library, and his career at The George Washington University.
Abstract Collection includes graduate student exams and manuscript preparation, correspondence, photos, programs, publications, audio cassettes.
Abstract Special materials was always a part of the University's library collections; however, it was not until 1973, and the opening of the Gelman Library, that the University's special materials were housed together in proper storage and service areas. Materials in this collection include publications on the Elliott School of International Affairs, the symposium at GW on George Gamow, Baptist Church materials, bibliographies of faculty publications. and other exhibit materials including programs,...
- Subject: Exhibitions X
- Photographs 4
- Art 2
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Gifts 2
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 2
- American civilization 1
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Biography 1
- Color slides 1
- Dimock Gallery 1
- Endowments 1
- Examinations 1
- Gelman Library 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Italian Americans 1
- Library Administration 1
- Library science 1
- Lisner Auditorium 1
- Melvin Gelman Library 1
- Publications 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- New York (N.Y.) 1 ∧ less
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 2
- American Library Association 1
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace 1
- Columbia University 1
- Dimock Gallery 1
- Dimock, Susan Whitney 1
- District of Columbia Library Association 1
- Gelman Library. Special Collections Dept. 1
- George Washington University. Center for Washington Area Studies 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of Romance Languages and Literature 1
- George Washington University. Friends of the Libraries 1
- George Washington University. Library 1
- Gillette, Howard, Jr.,, 1942 - 1
- Goode, James M., 1939-2019 1
- King, James Cecil 1
- Marvin, Cloyd Heck 1
- Mason, John Russell 1
- Smithsonian Institution 1
- Teller, Douglas H. 1 ∧ less