Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
This collection contains correspondence, reports, articles, videocassettes, memos, meeting minutes, photographs, financial records, press releases, and early organizational records. These materials together relate the work of the AIDS Action organization both the Foundation and the Council. These records date from 1984-2006.
Collection documents on the establishment and the work of the Gay and Lesbian Education Fund located in Washington, D.C. (GALEF). Originally established in 1980 as the Gay Activist Alliance Education Fund (GAAEF), the goals set forth by the organization was to help educate the general public, specifically the straight community, about gays and lesbians by sponsoring and supporting events and programs.
This collection contains financial records, marketing material, recordings, photographs, meeting minutes, fundraising records, and production records that document the work of the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington DC. These records date from 1980-2018.
GW Pride was a group formed in 1971 to break "the stereotypical image of gaylife." The collection includes several banners and posters, meeting minutes and notes, flyers and advertisements for GW Pride events, a number of newspaper articles about events and gay-related issues, revisions of the constitution, documents and memoranda pertaining to the change in the University’s non-discrimination policy, and an assortment of photos, brochures, and other ephemera.
These are the reporters notes for Washington Blade reporter Lou Chibbaro Jr. The materials date from 1980-2001.
This collection contains directories with both businesses and service agencies operating within the Washington metropolitan area. The directories date from 1994-2007.
Collection contains videos, production files, general business files, personal and business correspondence, scripts, photographs, slides, and negatives. The material dates from 1983-89. The collection documents the work of late gay artist Jamie Walters.
- Subject: Gay men -- Washington (D.C.) X
- Washington (D.C.) 10
- Lesbians -- Washington (D.C.) 8
- Gays 7
- Gay rights 4
- Lesbian and gay experience 4
- Photographs 4
- Audiocassettes 3
- Gay rights -- Washington (D.C.) 3
- AIDS (Disease) -- Patients 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- Prevention 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- Treatment -- United States 2
- Gays -- Medical care 2
- Journalism 2
- Lesbians 2
- Video tape collections 2
- AIDS (Disease) 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Education 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Black-and-white slides 1 + ∧ less
- Chibbaro, Lou , Jr. 2
- Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, DC 2
- Washington Blade, Inc. 2
- Whitman-Walker Clinic 2
- AIDS Action Foundation 1
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers 1
- Braverman, Leonard 1
- Buhrman, Jeff 1
- Dardano, Robert 1
- Dejanikus, Tacie 1
- District of Columbia. City Council 1
- Federal City Performing Arts Association 1
- Frank, Barney 1
- GW Pride (Organization) 1
- Gaver, Chasen 1
- Gay and Lesbian Activists Alliance (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Gay and Lesbian Education Fund 1
- Gertrude Stein Democratic Club 1
- Graham, Jim 1
- Guenther, Mark 1 + ∧ less