Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Collection contains correspondence, brochures, videos, films, photographs, newspaper articles, financial records, speeches, and invitations from 1971-1996 relating to the work of homeless rights activist Carol Fennelly and Mitch Snyder as part of the Community for Creative Non-Violence (CCNV).
Collection documents the Committee's stance on the issues it chose to address within the areas of planning, historic preservation and transportation. Within the subject of transportation there are enough files to detail many of the various highway and rapid transit projects the Committee of 100 dealt with. The collection also has files dealing with zoning regulations, housing, urban design and city water resources.
Collection includes student surveys, annual reports, correspondence, memos, manuals, and committee files.
Frederick Albert Gutheim (1908-1993) was a city planner, urban historian and architectural critic, and professor at The George Washington University from 1971-79, and director of the University's graduate program in historic preservation from 1976-1979. Collection include correspondence, papers, publications, exams, syllabi, lecture notes, newsletters, and news clippings ranging from 1952-1980.
Collection consists of the D.C. Comprehensive Plan including documents relating to the comprehensive plan for the National Capital; manuscript and committee records; printed ephemera; newspaper articles; newsletters; magazine articles; brochures and guidebooks; awards and certificates. The material dates from 1928-92.
This collection is the working papers of Howard W. Hallman. Howard Hallman worked for many years within the citizen participation movement in American cities from the middle 1960s through the 1980s. The collection containes correspondence, newsletters, publications, and reports from 1945-2003 with the bulk falling within 1961-1983. Topics of these materials include city bugeting, citizen participation, decentralization of government services and poverty.
This artificial collection was created to manage documents that are too small to be separate collections of their own. Includes individual manuscripts, undated; Elbridge Colby's "The National Guard of the United States", 1903-1945; Book Arts Specimens, 1600 ca- 1850 ca.; Performing Arts Material, 1890-1980; Gay and lesbian publications, 1994-1998; Washingtoniana magazines, journals, and newsletters, 1879-1974; Washington associations, clubs, lodges, and societies, 1845-1948.
Collection consists of correspondence, newspaper and periodical articles, patents, meeting minutes, reports, programs, and press releases. The material dates from 1946-68. The correspondence comes from the Committee on Urban Planning of the American Institute of Architects and the Interprofessional Urban Planning Committee, which Justement chaired from 1946-49.
This collection contains the constituent files of Nadine P. Winter during her time as a member of the Council of the District of Columbia representing Ward 6. These records date in the 1980s through 1990.
- Subject: Housing X
- Washington (D.C.) 9
- City planning 4
- Photographs 4
- Urban renewal 4
- Foggy Bottom (Washington, D.C.) 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Transportation 3
- Adams Morgan (Washington, D.C.) 2
- Civil rights 2
- Politics and government 2
- Transportation -- Washington Metropolitan Area 2
- Urbanization 2
- African Americans 1
- Alexandria (Va.) 1
- Alleys 1
- Antisemitism 1
- Architects 1
- Architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Audiotapes 1 ∧ less
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority 3
- Committee of 100 on the Federal City (Washington, D.C.) 2
- George Washington University 2
- 2008 16th Street, Incorporated 1
- Adams, John 1
- Adams-Morgan Federation 1
- Alley Dwelling Authority (Washington, D.C.) 1
- American City Planning Institute 1
- American Institute of Architects. Urban Planning and Design Committee 1
- American Institute of Planners 1
- American Planning and Civic Association 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- Anderson, G. David 1
- Arundel Ridge Corporation 1
- Asbury Methodist Church 1
- Blodget, Samuel 1
- Center for Governmental Studies (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Century Club 1
- Civic Action Institute (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Clinton and Valentine Development Company 1 ∧ less