To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Abstract The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace was founded in 1910 by Andrew Carnegie. The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, which since 1983 has again been headquartered in Washington, D.C., continues the work begun by its founders. Elihu Root and Nicholas Murray Butler were activists in a segment of a larger peace movement both in the U.S. and abroad that had its roots in the later years of the nineteenth century. This collection consists of over 7,200 items of bound pamphlets,...
Abstract Eli Oliver was an organizer for the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of American in its Western Department from 1923-1928. For nine years, from 1928-37, he directed the research department of the Brotherhood of Railway Clerks and represented the United Textile Workers on the Textile Work Assignment Board of the National Recovery Administration from 1934-35. In 1937, he became executive vice-president of Labor's Non-Partisan League. Oliver left the Non-Partisan League in 1940 and became the...
Overview The collection consists of IBT local union rosters which provide data on local union leadership and contact information.
Overview This collections contains the publications, constitutions, and by-laws of the Brotherhood of maintenance and Way Employees. The Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes is a Division of the Rail Conference of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters representing and protecting the rights of rail workers who build and maintain the track and structures on railroads throughout the United States of America.The materials range in date from 1929 - 2014.
Overview This collection contains correspondence, meeting minutes, calendars, legal documents, personnel files, financial records, programs, brochures, and reports. The material dates from 1957-95.
Dates: 1954-2001; Majority of material found within 1982 - 1994
Scope and Contents The collection contains two series; company files and general files. The latter includes material from Teamster-affiliated organizations outside of Local 116.
Overview This collection contains material from IBT Local 237 of New York, NY dating from 1968-2012. The bulk of the materials date from 1995-2012, and include newsletters, flyers, news clippings, photographs and oral histories.
Dates: 1968-2012; Majority of material found within 1995 - 2012
Overview This series contains material produced by IBT Local 568 and related unions dating from 1947-2011. Included are contracts, agreements, company files, correspondence, meeting minutes, newsletters, dues ledgers, handbooks and a variety of other materials related to the union's operation and organizing activities.
Overview This collection contains material produced by and about IBT Local 688 which operated out of St. Louis, Missouri. It includes material from Local 611 which also operated out of St. Louis. The material is dated from 1916-1993. The material includes meeting minutes, the "Midwest Labor News" newspaper, photographs, and a dissertation focused on the history of Local 688. The material documents portions of the career of Harold Gibbons, a leader within the Teamsters and the broader American labor...
Overview This collection contains materials produced by or amassed by Local teamsters union 814 dating from 1943-1995.
- Labor unions 15
- Labor unions -- United States -- History -- 20th century 15
- Labor 12
- Labor Unions -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- 20th Century 2
- Newspapers 2
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Conferences 1
- Conflict resolution 1
- Contracts 1
- Dispute resolution (Law) 1
- Economic conditions 1
- Finance 1
- Labor Unions -- Louisiana -- History -- 20th Century 1
- Labor Unions -- Missouri -- History -- 20th Century 1
- Labor unions -- North Dakota -- History -- 20th century 1
- Photographs 1
- Public interest lobbying 1
- Publications 1
- Transportation 1
- Treaty of Versailles (1919) 1
- Trucking 1
- Trucking -- Law and Legislation 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America 12
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters 5
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America. 2
- American Labor Party of the State of New York 1
- Barrett, Jerome T. 1
- Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees. Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes. International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes Division 1
- Brotherhood of Railway Clerks 1
- Butler, Nicholas Murray 1
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace 1
- Carnegie, Andrew 1
- Gibbons, Harold J., 1910-1982 1
- Kehoe, Vincent C. 1
- Labor's Non-Partisan League 1
- League of Nations 1
- League of Nations Union 1
- Oliver, Eli, L. 1
- Root, Elihu 1
- World Peace Foundation 1 ∧ less