To request boxes, please submit the collection, series, and box number(s) via our Contact form.
Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview This collection containes poems, essays, articles, notebooks, correspondence, fliers, clippings and other materials relating to the literary works of Washington D.C. poet Brian Gilmore. Included are articles from publications including the Washington Post, Detriot Free Press, the Washington Afro American, DC North, the Houston Chronicle and the Progressive as well as research files collected while composing these pieces. Topics include Malcolm X, Duke Ellington, the death penalty, gradutaion...
Abstract This collection contains financial records, marketing material, recordings, photographs, meeting minutes, fundraising records, and production records that document the work of the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington DC. These records date from 1980-2013.
Overview George Steiner was a violinist, conductor, administrator, teacher, and founder of the George Washington University’s music department. The collection dates from 1955 to 1994, with the bulk of the material dating between 1960 and 1985. It includes programs, program notes, clippings, lecture and teaching files, correspondence, music manuscript, minutes, surveys, press releases, and television scripts. Subjects include the George Washington University Music Department, the Alexandria Symphony...
Dates: 1955-1994; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1985
Abstract This collection consists of approximately 1,300 CDs representing the work of musicians local to the Washington Area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia. Additionally, the collection holds financial records, marketing material, recordings, photographs, meeting minutes, fundraising records, production records, correspondence, articles, memos, meeting minutes, press releases, early organizational records, and other official papers that document the work of the Washington Area Music...
Dates: 1984-2016; Majority of material found within 1994 - 2001
- Subject: Music -- Washington (D.C.) X
- Musicians 2
- Musicians -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- African Americans 1
- Choruses, Secular (Men’s voices) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Civil rights 1
- Conductors (Music) -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Gay men -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Home rule 1
- Music 1
- Music teachers -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Poetry -- African American poets 1
- Politics and government 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Alexandria Symphony Orchestra 1
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers 1
- Buhrman, Jeff 1
- Federal City Performing Arts Association 1
- Friday Morning Music Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, DC 1
- George Washington University. Dept. of Music 1
- George Washington University. Mount Vernon Campus 1
- Gilmore, Brian 1
- Kubiak, Greg D. (Greg Dale) 1
- Music Teachers National Association 1
- National Association of Schools of Music 1
- Steiner, George 1
- Washington Area Music Association 1 ∧ less