Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection contains correspondence, obituaries, reports, photographs, slides, newsletters, booklets, membership data, programs, brochures, minutes, and by-laws. The material dates from the early 1800s to 2021 with the bulk of the material falling between 1954-2013. This material relates to the history of both the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal and the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Association.
Collection includes biographical files, photographs, slides, videotapes, press kits, publications, books, and artifacts.
Collection includes videotapes, memos, biographical files, news releases, publicity files, news clippings, correspondence, photographs, slides, audio tapes, faculty publications, LP albums, media guides, and newsletters.
Collection includes correspondence, brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, newspaper clippings, photographs, slides, scrapbooks, audio and video tapes, and cloth materials. The material dates from 1943-2011. The material in the collection covers the history of the Potomac Area Council of American Youth Hostels, especially the activities of its former Executive Director and board president, Don Messersmith.
Collection contains materials related to Thomas Hahn's involvement in the C&O Canal Association, as well as other canals related to the C&O, and canals in general. A large part of the collection consists of photographic negatives, slides and prints of the C&O Canal. Most of these photographs, negatives, and slides relate to illustrations in publications that he authored or co-authored. Other items include reference material for his books, correspondence, and maps.
Collection contains videos, production files, general business files, personal and business correspondence, scripts, photographs, slides, and negatives. The material dates from 1983-89. The collection documents the work of late gay artist Jamie Walters.
Collection contains correspondence, news releases, booklets, articles, brochures, statements, meeting files, briefing books, memorabilia, newsletters, photographs, negatives, slides, bills, and hearing files documenting the life and activities of civil rights activist Walter F. Fauntroy. These materials date from 1941-1990 with the bulk of the records falling between 1960-1990.
Collection contains reports, photographs, slides, correspondence, and clippings related to the restoration of the West Front of the United States Capitol. The material dates from 1962 to 1985. The reports, images, and correspondence deal with the technical issues involved in the restoration, whereas the clippings are mainly concerned with the political debates surrounding the proposed expansion and restoration of the building.
- Washington (D.C.) 6
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md. and Washington, D.C.) 3
- Audiotapes 2
- Biography 2
- Events 2
- Publications 2
- Videotapes 2
- Alexandria (Va.) 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Bicycling 1
- Bird watching 1
- Bird watching -- Europe 1
- Canals 1
- Civil rights 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Cumberland (Md.) 1 + ∧ less
- Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Association 2
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park (Agency : U.S.) 2
- Douglas, William O. (William Orville) 2
- Aaron, Benjamin L. 1
- American Youth Hostels, inc. 1
- Arnheim, Willy 1
- Blades, Brian 1
- Bloedorn, W. A. (Walter Andrew) 1
- Brady, Luther W. 1
- Braverman, Leonard 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David) 1
- Fauntroy, Walter E. 1
- Gaver, Chasen 1
- George Washington University 1
- George Washington University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- George Washington University--History 1
- George Washington University. Medical Center 1
- George Washington University. Medical Center. Office of Communications and Marketing 1
- George Washington University. Office of University Relations 1
- George Washington University. Ross Hall 1 + ∧ less